Meet in Italy for Life Sciences 2017
Meet in Italy for Life Sciences is Italy’s top event for matchmaking and discussion of topical issues in the life science sector. The fourth edition of the event will be held in Turin from 11-13 October 2017 at the Centro Congressi Torino Incontra.
Over the years, Meet in Italy for Life Sciences has attracted significant national and international participation, becoming a must-attend event for a broad range of stakeholders in the life science industry and bringing together leading players in research, companies, institutions and the financial community.
If you want to join our matchmaking meetings, you can register on our website.
Who should attend
- Industry: Businesses and start-ups working in the life science field find the event an important opportunity for exchange, meetings and networking with peers and key stakeholders.
- Public research: The world of research comes to get a chance to engage with the market and calibrate research activities to the specific needs of the industrial sector
- Investors: Domestic and international investors are fundamental for a medium-long term vision and the growth of the sector.
- Public Institutions: During the event, institutions find the ideal place to fully understand the value and potential of the life sciences sector and build policies that can increase the competitiveness of Italian companies in a complex and competitive international market.
- Media: The event provides the media with an invaluable update on what’s happening in the industry and provides an understanding of how the current situation is likely to evolve through future trends. It’s a unique opportunity to meet important players and a variety of stakeholders in the life sciences sector at a national and international level.
The main aims of the event are:
- offer visibility and international opportunities for companies, start-ups and professionals in the life sciences sector
- create exchange between public and private stakeholders in the life sciences sector (ministries, regional administrations, sector associations, technology parks and districts, and a host of other organizations)
- benefit from the involvement and support of the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) – established by the European Commission in 2008 to support the growth, innovation and internationalisation of businesses, especially SMEs, currently present in over 60 European and non-European countries
- offer an occasion to show off how Italy as a country is working at a systematic level for the development of the life sciences sector.
Sectors involved in Meet in Italy for Life Sciences:
- Medical devices
- Pharmaceuticals and Nutraceuticals
- ICT for health
- Related services and activities
Given the specific features and excellence of the Piedmont region in two specific areas of innovation, for the 2017 edition Aerospace and Sport will be introduced as “cross-fertilisation” topics, with specific reference to aspects of prevention, remote management, personalised treatment and healthy lifestyles.